ON RESIDENTIAL PROPERTIES
CERTIFYING EXISTING INSTALLATIONS
BED AND BREAKFASTS
WHERE CAN MY GAS CYLINDERS GO?
GAS CYLINDER LOCATION
- 1 m away from any opening (in a building) that is below the level of the container valve, i.e. doors, windows and air bricks.
- 1.5 m below outside light
- 2 m away from any drain, pit or manhole.
- 3 m away from the property boundary.
- 3m away from combustible materials, (weeds, long grass, dry grass or waste).
- 3 m away from any opening (or window) directly above the containers.
- 6m away from any other gas Bottle installation but can be reduced to 3m if a firewall is built around both gas Bottle locations
WITH A THATCHED ROOF
Gas cylinder location with a thatched roof
- Not directly under the eaves of a thatched roof.
- On a firm, clean and on level slab.
- Be secured to insure that animals cannot tamper with them.
- At least 3m away from combustible materials, (weeds, long grass, dry grass or waste).
- At least 3m away from thatched eaves and behind a firewall.